Welcome to my blog! I rant, grumble, whine, squee, sing, hand out virtual cookies, and occasionally say something meaningful.

Monday, March 16, 2009

dolls

I do love creating things.
S
o I have three dolls; Harry, Hermione, and Ron.
Three Harry Potter action figures made by Mattel that I love and adore.
But the longer I own them the scarcer their clothes become. What do I do about it? Make some!

Now I don't claim to be any kind of seamstress wonder.
Take for example Ron's tangerine-orange "practice pants."
They're turning out to look a bit like skintight orange towels wrapped around his legs.
Not attractive.


Luckily, Hermione's tye-dye dress-from-a-sock turned out to be quite nice.
I used some yellow felt for a cinched-waist belt and a hair ribbon.
I also sewed a button to the back to help hold it on.

It was a fairly average sneezy afternoon otherwise.
Still healing...



....

No comments:

Post a Comment