Welcome to my blog! I rant, grumble, whine, squee, sing, hand out virtual cookies, and occasionally say something meaningful.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cyanide

I want to say I'm happy,
But I'm not.
Honestly I'm terrified
And these half-truths you're feeding me
Leave me floundering, drowning.
We promise ourselves one thing
Then give ourselves another.
No one stops for a break because
We're already broken.
You convinced me we should strive
For it, told me we could survive
On hatred and greed;
That nagging hunger we've got to feed.
My head's buzzing,
Drums are pounding,
Funeral march is our new procession
Clinging to that all-important want: possession.
We don't own it, it owns us
Crumbling foundations, skeletons rust
In our machine bodies, but nobody cares
We are all so utterly unprepared
For what must come, the inevitable.
The end.

~
Cyanide by Audrey H. (c)2009

I feel angsty today.

No comments:

Post a Comment